We intend to use our Pupil Premium Grant to support our children with high quality teaching and staff training, priority reading support and small group and individual pre and post teaching to support pupils in their academic development.
We run a variety of interventions across the school to support pupil’s social skills and their emotional and social well-being, this includes funding for class outings, nurture support, counselling, funded residential visits and supporting the cost of access to wrap around care including breakfast club.
In addition to the focused teaching interventions provided to pupils listed here, we also use teaching approaches which close the gap in attainment outlined below.
Objectives in spending 2020/21:
To raise outcomes for pupils through:
- Additional subject support to personalise learning and raise outcomes for pupils at the time of delivery
- Providing social and emotional support and enhanced cultural capital and leadership opportunity to improve pupil well-being and aspiration
- Training staff in how to remove barriers to learning for our pupil premium children.
Due to the changes to educational provision caused by the COVID-19 pandemic the detail in this Pupil Premium strategy has been subject to review since April 2020. Our use of the funding has been adapted to meet students’ needs as they have arisen, whilst maintaining where possible the principles outlined in this document, and in others related to the Pupil Premium Grant.
During the pandemic the following key steps have been taken to ensure that our disadvantaged pupils’ barriers to learning will continue to be overcome wherever possible:
- Children attended school wherever possible
- We ensured that children had the correct tools to complete home learning
- Our staff made regular family support contact, both virtually and in person
- Weekly family meals were delivered during April, June and July
- Family weekend shopping and contact was provided for parents during the summer holiday
Future versions of the strategy will reflect the changes that are currently being made.