Advice, Help and Report Centre
At St Peter's Junior School we understand the important but challenging job of keeping our children safe online and on social media. Here are some tips and useful links to help you to keep your children safe:
- Facebook/Snapchat/Instagram/Twitter - These sites have a minimum age limit of 13, so pupils should NOT be using them. WhatsApp - minimum age limit of 16.
- Keep your computer in a shared area - Talk to your child about what they are doing online and, if possible set up your computer in a shared area at home so that you can all share in the wonderful sites that are available.
- Be Internet Legends Family Activities - Online Safety Activities for the Whole Family
- Useful Link - PARENT INFO from CEOP and Parent Zone
Useful links to e-safety information:
- Parentzone.org.uk - The experts in digital family life.
- Internet matters.org - a not-for-profit organisation that has a simple purpose – to help keep children safe in the digital world.
- Think U know - containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced be CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Vodafone Digital Parenting - Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents. You can also read their 'Digital Parenting' magazine.
- NSPCC NetAware - A guide to social networks your kids use. Stay up to date and keep your child safe in today's digital world.
- Kidsmart - An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know It all - lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
Help with Privacy Settings: